Contact: (419) 949-3120
Hours: Wednesdays & Fridays • 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
MCH Heart & Vascular Services offers Outpatient Anticoagulation Clinic is accepting new patients for the management of Warfarin (CoumadinTM) therapy, as well as bridging therapy for other anticoagulants such as LovenoxTM.
Referrals are accepted from all providers – including those who may not be affiliated with Morrow County Hospital. The referring provider will specify the prescribed anticoagulant, target INR, and duration of therapy.
The benefits for having anticoagulants managed by pharmacists in a clinic setting include –
- Comfortable and convenient finger-stick testing with results available immediately
- Face-to-face consultation for improved medication therapy management
- Improved educational opportunities including drug/food interactions
- Assistance with managing home medication lists
- Identification of concerns that necessitate a visit to the referring physician
The pharmacists providing care in the clinic are experienced in the management of anticoagulation therapy, and the clinic is supervised by Imtiaz Ahmed, MD, Interventional Cardiologist.